Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Time is Ticking

I just realized this project is due in less than a month and the final project is completely untouched. I should start on the content of the spreads and begin to work on the layout, because I can't shoot Ambar until we're both free (which is NEVER). The photos won't take too long, but it's all trial and error and I don't want to rush it.
I think I have the cover idea finalized. Ambar will be shot from the shoulders up, with space left at the top of her head so I can put my title, and the bottom will have space as well so I can add a subtitle. I don't think I want coverlines, as the main focus is the photo of Ambar herself. What I envision is two colors rather than one, purple with pink, or red with blue, whichever looks the best. I want her to be holding a rose to bring out the femininity, but I will try a couple shots without it as well to see how it turns out. 
As for the inside, I will slightly break out of the dark lighting, and give it more life with some natural lighting, yet some color (filters or lighting) incorporated. For the table of contents, I think I want to do a blank page with text on one side, and the photo on the other side, contrary to what I said before. The photo will be of Ambar's hands going through her makeup OR I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS I could shoot her image in the mirror of her doing her lipstick (typical, but classic). Inserting pictures now!
























That could incorporate the aspect of her getting ready for her "life," as we are getting the inside view of it from this issue. For the two page spread, I really loved the idea that Vogue did with the playlist for Dua Lipa to get her ready for her workout. I wanted to do Ambar's playlist for getting ready for a stressful or important day, to help the day start right. I also wanted to add an additional spread for fashion, as Ambar is a model in this issue. But, I want to focus on what's actually due before I get too ahead of myself. I'm very excited!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Last but not least, here is my CCR for Atomic: Empower Within the Hour. With that, I say goodbye to this project and this class. I'm s...