Thursday, March 8, 2018

Meet Ambar

Ambar is going to be the star of this production. She is going to be the featured person in this issue of my magazine, and all of the articles are going to surround her and her way of life. I want to do two additional two page spreads besides the table of contents, and I have a pretty solid idea for the first one.
In the magazine, Ambar Ramirez is a high fashion model, and she is going to be giving her tips to having the best lifestyle. The first spread is going to focus on music, and she is going to give her playlist of 15 songs to play while you get ready in the morning, to kick off your day well. This idea is inspired by Vogue's article highlighting Dua Lipa, and her playlist for working out.
As for the layout of the magazine, I want them to be heavily focused on photography, and I'm thinking of doing a photo of Ambar doing her makeup while "singing" for this specific spread. The photo will be shot landscape so that Ambar is on the left, and the text can go on the right, with some of the image serving as a background. I'm thinking of orange lighting for this one, but using natural daylight as well, making sure it isn't as stark as the cover. 
Nope, scratch that. I've been looking for picture inspirations and it just hit me: she's a model, I should shoot her picking out her outfit. That's still included in getting ready in the morning, so it works perfectly. It might be difficult to get good lighting since it will be from inside a closet, unless I can find a clothing rack. Ambar has just informed me that Isabelle has one. We might be onto something. 
I can't find the exact composition of the pictures I want, but I have a few inspo pics from Clueless (AKA the best movie of all time).








I could always shoot Ambar choosing her clothes from the back, but having her face in it is more effective. WAIT. What if I get the clothing rack, and have her peeking from in between the clothes? Or I have her holding up her outfits? I need to go shoot and see what comes out the best, but these are my ideas so far. Let's see where life takes me!





Mahanty, Shannon. “Listen to Dua Lipa's Exclusive Playlist.” Vogue, Vogue, 28 Feb. 2018, www.vogue.com/article/dua-lipa-inspiring-power-playlist.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Last but not least, here is my CCR for Atomic: Empower Within the Hour. With that, I say goodbye to this project and this class. I'm s...