Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Welcome to Atomic

I've decided on a theme! My magazine will be titled "Atomic," and I am going to work with the bright, stark, colorful lighting. When I googled the word "atomic," some covers from the movie Atomic Blonde popped up, and it definitely serves as inspiration. 
The beginning of this article opens with, "Rather than the gray skies, beige overcoats and grim tension of many thrillers set during the Cold War, the new film 'Atomic Blonde' exists in a boldly sensual world of neon-streaked lighting, high-glamour outfits, moody synth-pop and intense action." These descriptors follow the exact conventions that I imagined for my magazine, and the following pictures are my inspiration for my cover. The fonts are very bright and powerful since they have the neon glow against a solid background, or a simple yet bold portrait. I think I will utilize the neon fonts, figure out how to add an outer glow to text, and use the original idea I had with the cover of Ambar.
Let's get this show on the road!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Last but not least, here is my CCR for Atomic: Empower Within the Hour. With that, I say goodbye to this project and this class. I'm s...