Friday, March 2, 2018

I got it! (I think)

I'm conflicted. I have two, solid ideas. I either want to create a carefree, light theme, or the complete opposite, a dark, dramatic vibe. I have two covers in mind, one for each "theme." One is a low angle shot of my model, the beautiful and talented Ambar, with the sky bright in the background, her spinning around and laughing, holding some sort of drapery or blanket behind her of a light color. Maybe Coachella style? The other cover idea is a dark setting, with Ambar holding a rose and staring into the camera, a stark red/purple spotlight on her face. This one feels more "me," but I'm not sure if it will execute well.
The problem is: both magazines convey completely different ideas, and I can't move on and think about the cover later because I need it in order to know what to write about. I have played with color lighting before for my AP photography class, and it is very simple with a beautiful end result. But, I wanted to play with something new for this magazine. Do I take risk doing the option out of my comfort zone, or do I go with what I'm comfortable with and execute it as best as I can? I guess we'll find out!
Here are some photos for inspiration, just to get a mental picture.

Idea #1:



Idea #2:
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Last but not least, here is my CCR for Atomic: Empower Within the Hour. With that, I say goodbye to this project and this class. I'm s...